Saturday, October 25, 2008

I was attacked by an old white guy in a suit.

Ok, so I was at the ATM the other night, and an investment banker who had apparently lost everything robbed me at knifepoint. And, if that wasn't bad enough, as he was leaving he turned back and saw the Obama sticker on the back of my car. Ummm, then he said something like, "You're gonna be McCain's now," and punched me in the face. Or the back of the head. Okay, he punched me in the back of the head, and as I was lying facedown on the pavement, he carved a "J" into my cheek. Wait, he punched me in the face, and carved a "J" into the back of my head, or my cheek. Maybe I wasn't at the ATM at all. Okay, so I was leaving work the other night when a crazy old man carved Sarah Palin's initials into my forehead, stole my car, kidnapped me and took me to Alaska...so I could see Russia. I swear.


Wait, maybe that didn't happen.


However, Ashley Todd, a McCain volunteer from Texas (why are all the crazies from Texas?) claimed that she was mugged at knifepoint in Pittsburgh while at the ATM. The attacker, a tall black man with patent leather shoes, stole Todd's money, and was leaving the scene when he saw that she had a McCain sticker on her car. Apparently, this angered the assailant so badly that he punched Todd in the back of the head, and carved a "B" on her cheek. After refusing medical attention, Todd received quite a bit of attention. For starters, she received calls from McCain and Palin themselves, wishing her a speedy recovery. Also, she received lots of attention from law enforcement when some of the details of her story didn't quite make sense.


As of yesterday, the media and police are saying that the whole story is false. Todd carved the "B" on her own face, and according to The Smoking Gun, she posted the message, "Stubbornly searching for a bank of america to avoid ATM fees" to Twitter right before the attack. And shortly after, she mentioned that she had been on the "wrong side of Pittsburgh." I suppose that she thought this would set the scence for a made-up mugging...


So this girl is crazy and her story is fake, and a little comical. Still, this just underscores the point that some of us have been making all along, that most attacks on Obama from McCain supporters (not McCain himself) are based on race and fear, and not his politics. Think about it. I'm sure that there are some people who believed that this "attack" actually happened. Maybe Ashley Todd thinks that if some people believe that she was attacked by a rabid Obama supporter, that they will be afraid of similar attacks.


My God, if Obama is elected, maybe people like the guy with the knife and patent leather shoes will run the government. I bet this attacker was a Muslim, as well.


Anyway, I didn't really get mugged by an old white guy in a suit, but maybe, just maybe, if enough people believe that I did, I will get a call from Obama...

No comments: