Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What my favorite bigots have been up to...

With all the attention surrounding the actual candidates this year, I almost forgot about some of my favorite crazy people. I mentioned in an earlier post that I hadn't heard much from Ann Coulter. None of the newspapers that I read publish her anymore, and, during the election, I did not care enough about her to go online. However, since there isn't much going on right now, I thought I would scope out the reaction of some of my favorite crazies to Obama's election.

Ann Coulter. Such a sore loser. She is a bit upset over the Obama, victory, but mainly because the Republicans blew it. Wow, she almost sounds like a Democrat. Anyway, Coulter is planted firmly on the Palin bandwagon (of course), think Colin Powell's endorsement was meant to be be sarcastic, and refers to Obama only as "B. Hussein Obama." Here's more of what she had to say:

After showing nearly superhuman restraint throughout this campaign, which was lost the night McCain won the California primary, I am now liberated to announce that all I care about is hunting down and punishing every Republican who voted for McCain in the primaries. I have a list and am prepared to produce the names of every person who told me he was voting for McCain to the proper authorities.

Ok, now she sounds like a Republican again. I was getting worried...

Fred Phelps. The pastor of Westboro Baptist "Church" is an anti-homosexual nutjob who is mostly known for picketing soldiers' funerals. Some trademark picket signs that the church uses are: God Hates Fags, You're Going to Hell, Thank God for Dead Soldiers, AIDS Cures Fags, and Priests Rape Boys. He is so extreme that it is impossible to take him seriously, but people do. He mostly hides behind the First Amendment (as is his right), but federal and state laws have been enacted to keep him and his crazies a certain distance away from cemeteries.

The Westboro Baptist Church's website (godhatesfags.com, ironically) is another joke that uses inflammatory language and twisted Bible verses to get the point across. The main message is, big surprise, that God hates fags.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, Phelps is a Democrat that supported Al Gore. Another joke. But anyway, I expected the response to Barack Obama's win to be less than positive. Since no one really takes this man seriously anymore, I haven't seen him on the news or anything, but he has preached several sermons in which Obama is mentioned.

Of course, they believe that Obama is the anti-christ and Phelps even calls him an "evil, black Nimrod."

Ted Nugent. He is one of the few "columnists" that I physically cannot stand to read. I can handle Ann Coulter, I can handle Michelle Malkin, hell, I can even watch Bill O'Reilly from time to time. Ted Nugent, however, pisses me off. He writes blatantly racist crap in the Waco Trib all the time, and they still refer to him affectionately as "Nuge." It makes me shudder.

Here are samples from a recent column where he outlined who has a soul and who does not:

It is soulless to purchase blingbling, tobacco, booze and more, then claim that you can't afford a sandwich and an apple for your kid's school lunch — then to ask the government to waste some more tax dollars on your so-called needs.

Let me translate. The term "blingbling," as used here by this ignorant bastard, is code for "I'm about to start bashing black people."
You have no soul, Barack Obama, to borrow a page from Mao Tse-Tung to "take those profits . . ." from an American corporation and redistribute it to your blingbling-infested, irresponsible constituents.
I'll translate for the ignorant redneck once again. "Blingbling infested, irresponsible constituents," in Nugent's world, equals black people. After all, don't we now know that only black people voted for Obama?

I haven't seen an official response to Obama's election yet, mayne Nugent in too busy purchasing guns and stockpiling food, but here is some of what he wrote a couple of days before Election Day:
...the good governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, has proven to be a bureaucrat-stomping, status quo-destroying political warrior. Everybody I know is genuinely moved by her defiance of the old-guard politicos.

Ah. How did I know that he would be a Palin fan?

People who are too cowardly to associate their names with their opinions. I use my real name on this blog, and that might be stupid, but at least I am willing to stand up for my opinions. Sarah Palin kinda had a point when she said that the anonymous bloggers who bashed her continually were cowards. Here are more examples:

  • A noose is hung from a tree at Baylor University.
  • An Obama cutout is hung from a tree on the University of Kentucky campus. (for the record, I disapprove of the person who hung a cutout of Sarah Palin and depicted John McCain in flames as Halloween decorations, as well).
  • Anti-Obama graffiti is found on Purdue's campus.
Why are so many of the cowardly incidents happening on college campuses? Young people are supposed to be the tolerant ones. You have a right to free speech, but you cross the line when you threaten someone. Nooses hanging from trees, especially in the South, are threats. I've said this before.

Some people have this gut reaction to Obama that they cannot quote describe. It's not that they disagree with his politics, but there's just "something about him." That's the official answer, anyway. How about, from now on, we just call it what it is: good old-fashioned Southern racism. You can complain about our next president all you want, and you have a right to hate him based on his skin color, I suppose. I disagree with this vehemently, and I think it makes you less than a person, but I can't help how you feel. Just stop using euphemisms and admit that you are racist. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, after all.

No comments: